The Niche Magazine Conference was held in Charleston, South Carolina in mid February to promote creative business strategies. Robyn Ireland of conference host Niche Media (US) asked attendees for their audience development and revenue generation ideas. Here's a selection to inspire you:
- Create new content for your website, not just regurgitated material from your print magazine. This gives people a reason to constantly return to your website, thus creating more traffic for online advertisements.
- Hire young interns – Pair old-school work ethic with a new-age way of thinking. Publishing veterans can get insight into new technology and the on-the-go way of thinking from young professionals.
- Try adding events to your media mix – the profit margin is high and they are a lot of fun!
- Engage your online audience with interactive content. Contests, polls, forums and video can create a dialogue with your audience. This gives you a deeper understanding of your audience and gives your audience the feeling that they are part of a community.
- Sales has always been about connection, but that’s even more critical with social media tools. Connect with each and every one of your prospects through as many channels and possible. Work those channels each and every day.
- The P.S. is the most-read part of an email. Make sure you always have one in your e-marketing efforts, and make sure it has a call to action!
- Use the full capabilities of your digital editions: add outtakes or additional content, press advertisers for videos or other digital content, and make your digital edition different from your print to capture more of BOTH audiences.
- Tradeshows are a great place to capture video clips from advertisers. Use these in an area of your website for expert advice or new product demos (and sell it!)
Read the full list in our Resources section HERE